OnSchedule Fee Policy
OnSchedule Plan Review projects are required to pay the estimated permit fee based on the estimated construction cost provided on the OnSchedule application prior to submitting the project for plan review. The fees may be paid by the Owner, Owner's representative, Architect, Engineer, or contractor. For new construction, please see our chart for square footage cost. This is located on the Publications Page under Building Permit Fee Calculations.
On the OnSchedule Application, complete the Estimated Construction Cost information. This will be used to determine the permit fee which will be collected prior to plan submittal.
The OnSchedule Coordinator will include the estimated permit fee and the project number in the confirmation email that is sent to the contact person.
This fee may be paid in one of several ways:
If charging to an account that is not your own, a letter of authorization is required. The letter of authorization must:
- Be written on Company Letterhead
- Be signed by the Owner/President of the Company
- Reference the Project Number and the fee amount due
- Specify to whom authorization is given
- If paying by check or credit card, please visit your assigned OnSchedule Coordinator to receive the appropriate forms.
- Once receiving the appropriate forms, you will be directed to Revenue Collection to make payment. A receipt will be issued from Revenue Collection, please retain this for proof of payment.
- To establish a Mecklenburg County Surety Bond, complete the Land Use Bond ( instructions) and submit to Revenue Collection.
- Once the bond has been established, notify the OnSchedule Coordinator so the charges may be applied.
- Please note, allow appropriate time for a bond to be established.
Submit drawings to the OnSchedule Coordinator. Please present a copy of the receipt to the coordinator along with the drawings. Without a receipt, the drawings will not be accepted.
For additional information, please contact an OnSchedule Coordinator at 980-314-CODE(2633).